Who We Are
Pause 4 Paws was established in 2011 with a mission of working to ensure that dogs and cats are treated with dignity and respect. Pause 4 Paws supports 11 animal rescues and sanctuaries in Minnesota and supports the rescue community in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Most animal rescues are small, volunteer-based community organizations that do not have staff available to spend time fundraising. P4P works on behalf of these organizations. Our Beneficiary Organizations have saved over 46,000 dogs and cats and spayed or neutered nearly 31,500 animals since 2011.
100% of the funds we distribute through P4P go directly to the support and care of the animals.
A Tail Wagging Affair 2019
Thanks to everyone who joined us for our annual fall fundraising event. This event is the key to our work at Pause 4 Paws -- the donations that are provided enable us to support our Beneficiary Organizations around the state, as well as the services we provide throughout the year, including spay and neutering, adoption support, foster care, and emergency medical treatments.
We had a great turnout this year, due in no small part to the live entertainment from Chase & Ovation! Hope to see you all next year!
Minnesota Wisconsin Collie Rescue
Phone: (612) 869-0480
Located in Minneapolis, MN
Minnesota Wisconsin Collie Rescue (MWCR) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization of volunteers dedicated to the care of rough and smooth Collies. MWCR's purpose is to rescue Collies who have lost their homes, place them in foster homes, provide medical care, assess their traits and personalities, find the best possible adoptive match for them, and place them in loving forever homes. Their volunteers and foster homes are located in Minnesota and Wisconsin and several other states, and Collies have been placed from New York to Texas to California to Canada. MWCR accepts rough and smooth Collies and may accept Collie mixes on a space available basis.
Support our Spay & Neuter/Medical Relief Fund
- Your female pet will live a longer, healthier life. Spaying helps prevent uterine infections and breast tumors, which are malignant or cancerous in about 50 percent of dogs and 90 percent of cats.
- Neutering male pets helps prevent testicular cancer and some prostate problems.
- Your spayed female pet won't go into heat. While cycles can vary, female felines usually go into heat four to five days every three weeks during breeding season. In an effort to advertise for mates, they'll yowl and urinate more frequently—sometimes all over the house!
- Your male dog will be less likely to roam away from home. An intact male will do just about anything to find a mate, including finding creative ways escape from the house. Once he's free to roam, he risks injury in traffic and fights with other male animals.
- Your neutered male may be better behaved. Unneutered dogs and cats are more likely to mark their territory by spraying strong-smelling urine all over the house. Your dog might be less likely to mount other dogs, people and inanimate objects after he’s neutered. Some aggression problems may be avoided by early neutering
Make a donation to support this important work today!
Your financial support enables Pause 4 Paws to help save the lives of animals and to improve their quality of life through rescue, adoption and sanctuary. The funding that P4P distributes to its rescue organizations has helped save more than 35,000 animals and facilitated spay/neutering for nearly 25,000 dogs and cats, but our work is not done.
Please consider joining our community by making a contribution. You can give your support in any amount by making an on-line donation, or you can become a formal Pause 4 Paws Sponsor.
Please click here to make a donation. THANK YOU!
Our Sponsors lend their support to Pause 4 Paws through financial donations, media sponsorship, and in-kind services. These sponsorships provide critical support for the daily work and operation of our organization as well as our fundraising efforts -- 100% of the funding we distribute through P4P goes directly to the support and care of the animals.
We are extremely grateful for the dedication and support we receive from our Sponsors.